All social workers at Helpline House hold graduate degrees. They are responsible for the coordination of services with local, regional, state and federal agencies, including:
- Assessment of immediate crisis needs and access to local, county, state and federal emergency funds.
- Coordination and advocacy with local, county, state and federal programs to maximize all available resources towards longer term solutions.
- Active coordination of services with key agencies, including Kitsap Mental Health (KMH), the YWCA A.L.I.V.E. domestic violence program, Housing Solutions and Kitsap Community Resources (KCR).
- Outreach to seniors includes a liaison to senior services, face-to-face meetings for assistance with prescription drug plans and for resources that support seniors to remain independent while growing older in this community, including connection to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Calculator
Additional resources are on our Links page