Neighbor Helping Neighbor,
One Neighbor At A Time
Founded in the 1960s as a food bank in response to the "war on poverty", Helpline House is a community-funded non-profit agency providing a full range of services.
- Social Work/Advocacy
- Food Bank
- Counseling Program
- Medical Equipment Loan
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer Schedule
Basic services are provided cost-free to those in need. Needs are defined broadly, and are not always financial.
Any community member in crisis or in need of social work consultation, volunteer opportunities or other related service is welcome at Helpline House.
Helpline House is centrally located in Winslow on Knechtel Way.
EASY WAY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Did you know that you can contribute to Helpline from this website with your credit card?
- Low Income
- Medication, bus passes, walker
- Homeless, fleeing DV, need a safe place to stay.
- Boy's and Girl's Club scholarship (2)
The Helpline House social work team continues to provide limited financial assistance, resource referrals and case management to a wide range of area residents. The DBT (Dialectic Behavior Therapy) class is meeting every Thursday afternoon. Early morning (7am to 9am) social work appointments are now available - for more information contact Megan at 842-7621. It was a busy month for DSHS benefits and several couples came in for therapy.
1. Hunger Doesn't Take A Vacation offered more nutritious lunches: to-go tuna cups, easy pop-top cups of soup, fruit cups, and nut-n-trail mix for students home for summer break.
2. Nutrition information is being labeled on shelves by a volunteer certified nutrionist to educate both volunteers and clients.
3. Volunteers have appreciated the carport installation and protection from the summer sun and occasional squall of rain.
4. Volunteer safety and better communication have been enhanced as the result of new delivery shifts (8:30-9:00 AM).